BPM is a full-service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM and about our key leaders on our website like Jenise Gaskin, Selena Yeung and Kris Marney. You will likely meet them during your interview process!
Family Office Overview:
BPM’s Family Office provides accounting and operational services to ultra-high net worth individuals and families. The services provided range from bill payment, cash management, and financial reporting to comprehensive personal CFO services. We are a small but growing department with a start-up mentality. We are building the core infrastructure for the new department and looking for candidates with substantial and varied professional experience who are comfortable sharing their ideas, opinions, and lessons learned.
The Manager will be an integral part of the Family Office group, leading small teams of associates & bookkeepers providing day-to-day financial support and value for multiple clients.
- Consistent recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work”
- Recognition as “Top 5 Accounting Firm in the Bay Area”
- Summer Hours – Leave early on Friday afternoons from June to August!
- BPMU – A corporate university that’s dedicated to your career growth and development
- Flexibility in your location, remote work available
- Rich diversity in the clients, industries, and overall work
You Have (Requirements):
- An active CPA license.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in industry, preferably as a controller, public accounting experience a plus
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience developing, training, and mentoring junior level staff.
- Strong operational and technical accounting background, including ability to research complex technical accounting issues independently.
- Professionalism and discretion in interacting with firm leadership and client executives.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical level audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- An extensive and diverse accounting background preferably within family office or for high-net-worth individuals
- Knowledge of various investment types utilized by high-net-worth individuals, such as managed portfolios and private equity, and an understanding of how to book the activity
- Experience with partnership accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and QuickBooks
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and financial statements
- Strong leadership, project management and client service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor
- Assist the Director overseeing the coordination of all accounting functions for high-net worth individuals/family clients and their investment entities
- Manage and motivate staff across multiple teams on a daily basis
- Drive the operational, financial, and reporting aspects of each engagement
- Oversee the clients’ accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger entries and maintenance
- Have responsibility to oversee review of month-end and year-end close of financial statements, account reconciliations, general ledger analysis, and annual audits, where applicable
- Oversee payroll for clients’ employees as needed
- Evaluate clients and implement firm accounting policies and procedures in conjunction with clients’ needs, and recommend process improvements
- Be responsible for managing any ad-hoc projects as needed
- Contribute to weekly management meetings to help drive the goals and objectives of the Firm and Practice
- Have “in-charge” responsibilities for small to mid-size private company family run businesses.
- Provide information to the tax department and prepare the client federal and state tax returns.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts, and understand processes and internal controls.
- Select staff and assign workloads.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving clients’ satisfaction.
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services.